Monday, July 03, 2006

Hello.

We held a 21st birthday party for Positive Force last night as a benefit for the All Our Power project. www.allourpower.org. Please let me know if you are interested in being involved - we need all the help we can get! It was awesome seeing all the footage of bands, particularly Slant 6, Nation of Ulysses and Jawbox. GOD I loved Jawbox and I wish I had been at even more of their shows when they were active. Also, there was incredible footage of Fugazi playing Reclamation outside on a freezing day with heat rising from them. Totally worth seeing.

I miss that band immensely and had forgotten how much they did for me, and the path that they helped swerve my life towards.

The Wrong Day to Quit cds should arrive at my house today and we are still waiting for the Hope and Anchor ones. We are doing a show tonight for friends Hanalei from Chicago, featuring my friend Brian Moss, formerly of the Ghost. Sean McArdle and The Last Sixteen are playing, who Exotic Fever is releasing a split seven inch for.

I go to Bloomington, Indiana this Friday night for Plan It X Fest, to do a workshop on Saturday on feminist direct action with my friend Beck. It is kind of insane that we are driving this far to do this. We are nuts. I hope I do not die of exhaustion.

Katy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home